Thursday, June 28, 2012

Comparison: OPI My Private Jet (original & new versions) and Enchanted Polish Vampire's Dessert

Bonjour!  'Tis Friday (or close enough), and all the land rejoices!  I'm going to get my hair cut and colored this afternoon.  It's long overdue.  My friend thinks I should go darker, but I want to go lighter.  Dark hair washes me out, plus, it's summer!  Bring on the blonde!

Two weekends ago I went to a Toadies concert with some friends and one of them was wearing this pretty black holo polish.  The shiny attracted my attention, so I asked her what it was.  "It's My Private Jet", she says to me.  "WHAAAAAAAT?  You have the original version of My Private Jet?!?!?!?  You must bring it to work on Monday so I can steal see this rare gem for myself", I says to her.  She had no idea what she had.  I told her I'd bring my MPJ bottle so she could see how OPI totally jacked up a beautiful polish.  I also brought my bottle of Enchanted Polish Vampire's Dessert, because I'd just received it in the mail and couldn't wait to try it out.  Not sure if you know this, but I kind of love Enchanted Polish.  Really a lot.  

Three polishes on one hand, aaaaaaand GO!


Top to bottom: MPJ original (3 coats), MPJ new (2 coats),  VD (1 coat!!), MPJ original (3 coats)
Indoors, no flash
Indoors, flash
L to R: MPJ original, MPJ new, VD, MPJ original
Indoors, no flash
Then I scotch taped some tips
Kind of a bit cattywampus.  Oops.  
Flash
Flashy bottles
Vampire's Dessert, MPJ original, MPJ new
MPJ original
B-b-b-bottles of the Jets
VD is my favorite.  That is 1 stinkin' coat, people!
MPJ new
Oh noes!  It's THE CLAW!
Vampire's Dessert
Sunlight, nubbins trimmed down to nothing!




I tipped with this.  Wet n Wild something or other.  

Right, so there you go.  The original My Private Jet > The new My Private Jet, but Vampire's Dessert > Both Private Jets.  VD is so pigmented, and the holo is stronger.  It's described as a dark burgundy, but I think it's more of a dark brown.  Hell, it looks black most of the time.  Whatever color you want to call it, it's gorgeous.  

My Private Jet (original) can be stolen from your friend, but not purchased in stores.  My Private Jet (new) can be purchased wherever OPI is sold.  Enchanted Polish Vampire's Dessert can be purchased from llarowe and probably somewhere else, but I'm not sure where.  

No comments:

Post a Comment