Monday, August 6, 2012

Nail Pattern Boldness: Don't Drop That Spoon

I received a package in the mail last week that contained six bombs.  Six glitter bombs!  Six matte glitter bombs!
Ka-POW!
Nail Pattern Boldness.  This dadgum indie polish craze is going to bankrupt me, I just know it.  I'm holding Jenny from Lavish Layerings responsible.  She keeps posting swatches of these gorgeous ZOMGMUSTHAVENOW polishes.  What am I supposed to do but go buy them?  

The first one I tried is Don't Drop That Spoon.  It's the blue beauty third from the right in the above lineup.  All swatches below are 1 coat of The Knight, 2 coats of Sation Oh My Oceania, 1 coat of DDTS, 2 coats of Gelous, and 1 coat of The Shield.  

Outside in the blazing hot sun

Getting the Juke spit-shined, but without the spit.

In the loo

Outside again, sun behind some clouds.

Walking the Maglet

That's really how I hold the leash.  NOT.

That's shrinkage, not tip wear. 

The description on Etsy says that Don't Drop that Spoon is "an assortment of turquoise and light green colored matte glitters", but I feel like not all of the glitter is matte.  I'm looking at the bottle right now, and there are some definite twinkles going on. 

See the blue twinkles?

Blurred.  Blue and silver twinkles.

Next to Floam.  No Floamy twinkles, but a few in DDTS

Blurry Floam.  No twinkles.

Maybe it's just that those particular glitter pieces are not quite as matte, because this polish is definitely not a super-sparkler like regular glitters.  Whatever you want to call it, it is really pretty, and I love it!  I'm not completely sold on my choice of base color, though.  Can I talk to you for a minute about the disappointment that is Oh My Oceania?  I first saw swatches of this color over on Let Them Have Polish.  That pretty, shimmery turquoise called to me so I bought it.  I was so sad when it came in because the shimmer is non-existent on the nail, the formula sucks, and the fat brush is awful!  This coming from someone who is a fan of the Insta-Dri spatula!  Ugh.  I Googled other swatches and they all looked the same as the ones from LTHP. Maybe I got a bad bottle.  I don't know, but it gets a big ol' BOO from me.
 




2 comments:

  1. I swear to the nail polish god that there is nothing but matte glitter in that puppy! I think it's sparkling for you because you make it look so darn good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I HAVE noticed that things seem shinier when I'm around. Must be the influence of my sparkling personality ;-)

      Delete