Sunday, July 29, 2012

butter LONDON: All Hail the Queen & Yummy Mummy


"God attack the Queen
Send big dogs after her
That bite her bum.
Let them chase after her
and rip her knickers off..."
                                              -God Save the Queen, as revised by Eddie Izzard


Eddie Izzard is my hero, and I luff him :-)

butter LONDON offered 30% off online purchases last month, and I took serious advantage of their generosity.  Five polishes were purchased, which saved me $21 off of what I would've paid instore, and that's including the cost of shipping.  Yay, promos!  I've got 2 of those 5 for you today.  All Hail the Queen and Yummy Mummy.  First up, All Hail the Queen!

Bath and Body Works is just up the street from where I work.  
That means I have more of these than I really need.  

Revlon Gold Coast layered over top.  I freaking love Gold Coast.  


Like, for real.

Left hand, with Gold Coast.  Right hand, without. 


I am IN LOVE with this color, which is surprising, because I normally gravitate toward non-nudey shades.  Maybe it's the fine holo particles (or however you'd describe it) that give it that little extra something.  I dunno, but it's truly lovely.  All Hail the Queen pulls pretty taupey on me, but if you Google other swatches, you'll find it's more of a light beige color on some people.  Maybe they use fewer coats?  I've used 3, but it is opaque in 2.  I personally prefer the darker color, at least on my fish-belly skin.  


How about a little Yummy Mummy?  Let's check her out.  


I could eat an avocado every day.


Wishing I had one right now, actually.

Pat yourself on the back if you guessed that I would layer Gold Coast over this (pointer and ring fingers).



butter LONDON wants to call Yummy Mummy a "medium beige", but I disagree. On me, it's more of a grayish taupe color with a subtle pearly shimmer.  That sounds horrid, but it's really quite nice. Of these 2 shades, I prefer All Hail the Queen, but I definitely dig this little lady.  Both are work appropriate, and would likely look good on any skin tone.  


I purchased these through butter LONDON's website, but you can also pick them up at Ulta.  They run $14/bottle, but if you like them on facebook, you can take advantage of the promos they offer for online purchases.  butter LONDON is becoming a favorite of mine; I've gone from zero to ten of their polishes in the span of about 4 months!

**Okay, Blogger.  WTF.  WHY ARE YOU HIGHLIGHTING RANDOM BITS OF MY POSTS?  If someone could please explain this to me, I would really freaking appreciate it.  

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why it would be highlighting like that. Have you tried clicking on the HTML tab instead of the compose tab and seeing if it's highlighted on there?
    and actually related to nail polish... how many times a day do you paint your nails and then take off the polish? I think my nails and cuticles would be even more of a mess than they currently are if I used polish remover all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to learn me how to work this thing, BPTN. As of right now, I really want to stab it.
      I usually do my nails every other day or so, but I have swatched several shades in a single day before. The key is just moisturizing. Cuticle creams, hand lotions. You know. I don't use either of those nearly as often as I should, but they work wonders when used properly.

      Delete