Friday, July 13, 2012

Essie x 3

A Trader Joe's opened recently and I went with a friend to check it out.  We left with, among other things, Kettle Corn Cookies (OMG, YUM) and Roasted Seaweed Snacks (OMG, WEIRD).  I have munched on both today.  Not together, though.  Ew.  


Right, so today I've got 3 Essie polishes to show you.  Two of them are from the Bikini So Teeny collection, and the third is from the new Mirror Metallics collection.  First up is  Bikini So Teeny!


Out in the sun
*All swatches featuring guest appearance on ring finger by Revlon Gold Coast*

Out in the sun with flash


Indoors, holding my wallet.  I had probably just bought more nail polish.
*Guest appearances by Revlon Gold Coast (ring finger) and Revlon Whimsical (pinkie)*

On my bed, under fluorescent lighting

GAHHH!  GIANT, LAVENDER-HEADED SLUGS!


This color is so weird.  It doesn't photograph accurately for shit, and it looks different on the nail than it does in the bottle.  Sometimes it's that bright, sky blue, sometimes it's a soft pastel blue, and sometimes it's freaking lavender!  There's a noticeable shimmer in the bottle that juuuuust barely translates to the nail.  The formula on my bottle wasn't that great; it was a bit thick and didn't self-level.  Most other reviews I've read didn't have that issue, though.  Do I like this color?  Yes.  Yes, I do.  I especially like it for Whimsical underwear.  


Next up is All Tied Up, which is also part of the Bikini So Teeny collection. 

Indoors
*Guest appearance on ring finger by Revlon Gold Coast*
I'm really digging Gold Coast.  
         
Indoors, holding some peach lip gloss.  You can kinda see the shimmer trying to show itself.

I loved this everywhere I saw it, which is odd for me because I generally don't like mature shades like this.  Check out Scrangie's swatch for a better look at the pretty shimmer!  Formula was great on this one!



Lastly, I have Nothing Else Metals from the Mirror Metallics collection.


Indoors, with flash.  Nails aren't in focus, but it shows the lilac color pretty well.

Indoors, fluorescent lighting


Indoors, fluorescent lighting.


Thoughts on this one: I don't really like it.  I used to love this finish, and at one time had all the old Sally Hansen metallics, but I think I'm over it.  Why did I purchase this, then?  Because it's called Nothing Else Metals, and I'm a Metallica fangirl \m/ \m/  Tip: Make sure your nails are prepped well before using this kind of polish.  Mine weren't, and you can see the poor condition of the tips of my nails showing through the polish.  A base coat would have helped a ton.  So would filing and buffing.  


So, that's that.  I ate 4 more Kettle Corn Cookies while I typed this.   


*Edit* One day I will figure out how to operate this damn thing so that my pictures show up in a straight line and the ends of my posts aren't highlighted.  


1 comment:

  1. I like the "All tied up"!
    I'm actually going to make an effort to give myself a for-real manicure this week...maybe Thursday since I'll be at a concert tonight. (It's not Metallica, but I have seen them twice!)

    ReplyDelete